1879 Adolph Oderich arrived in Brazil
Oderich’s long history begins on June 1st, 1879. It was on this date, over a century ago, that the young German, Adolph Oderich, who was 22 years old at the time, landed in Porto Alegre from the city of Wittenburg, at the invitation of an exporting company from Hamburg, to work as a Travelling Salesman.
1908 Foundation of the Carlos H. Oderich & Co.
This year, Adolph’s oldest son went to Germany to study meat curing. He returned excited to establish the first company in Brazil, and third in the world, in this kind of canned food. As a pioneer, Oderich reached exponential growth over the next decades, reaching a production of one million kilos of pork by-products a year. Its portfolio included sausages, bacon, ham, pork cheese, broths and soups, thus opening new markets in the country and abroad.
The first branch.
In 1997 the first Oderich branch is established in the city of Pelotas. The tradition of making sweet preserves in the region motivated the group’s initiative in installing a company focused on this segment.
In order to continue winning the battle against time, the 5th generation is being prepared to take over with the same values and entrepreneurial spirit of previous generations.
Already known, the company’s visual identity has always had “Sol” as its icon.
Radiant, the star finds its own way of becoming eternal, keeping itself alive through the intense glow it emits.
Oderich has a brand whose light has traveled through long paths and has achieved a permanent place of prominence among the large companies of Rio Grande do Sul and Brazil.